This week is a SHORT week. We only have school on Monday and Tuesday. The students will still be busy of course! We will begin our health unit on healthy eating and staying well. Students will do an "experiment" that shows how easily germs spread and we will go over how to sneeze and cough so we spread as few germs as possible. The students will also examine a "typical" Thanksgiving meal and discuss what is healthy and what is not. It will also be interesting to see how many of them know where their food actually comes FROM! We will continue to build on our number sense knowledge as we explore our new math wall and interact with numbers in our world. When we return from the 5 day break, we will focus on the letter A.
I would like to thank my parent helpers: Beth Claudon and Mandy Cebula for helping with our Kindergarten Offices. It was so nice to have such a quick response and the offices finished in such a short time! I am sure there will be more projects that we will be assistance with in the near future! Thank you also to all the wonderful guest readers. It really is a treat for everyone to enjoy their many different book choices.
This is the season that we all tend to reflect and be grateful for the things that we have. I know that I have MANY things to be thankful for including three wonderful children of my own, a supportive family, and friends who care about me. It so wonderful to have my college freshman daughter home for a 10 day break.... laundry and all :) But I also never leave off my list how thankful I am to be back at May Watts School. May Watts is a unique place that has teachers that work really hard to help each child reach their potential, that has wonderful parents who support their children both in and out of the classroom, and children that are driven by wonder and amazement. This is a place where I am happy to come to everyday and feel lucky to be surrounded by people (and children) who inspire me to be the best I can be. I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving! Please drive safely and enjoy the extra days off with your family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment